The Probini Foundation
80-56 251st Street. Bellerose
Dhaka Girls’ Orphanage
Trustees: Chair — Dr. Sachi G Dastidar
Secretary: Mr. Jay Hyman
Treasurer: Mr. Dilip Chakravorti (Queens, NYC)
Accountant: Mr. Gopal Patel
Members: Dr. Shefali S. Dastidar, Dr. Kusumita P. Pedersen, Mr. Prabangshu Ghoshal
Executive Secretary: Mr. Shuvo G. Dastidar
· Support the education of the needy, especially the orphaned in Assam, West Bengal and Bangladesh in the Indian Subcontinent. This may include self-sufficiency projects, school or dormitory construction, school tuition, and teacher salaries.
· In the New York metropolitan area, to create social, cultural and educational bridges with new immigrants, new citizens and native-born U.S. citizens.
· In the New York-New Jersey-Connecticut area, to provide social services needed to mainstream immigrant and the needy population.
· No grant may be given for individual life-style improvement,
· All institutional grant applicants must be visited by an Executive Committee or Board of Trustee members, followed by a report to the Committee, before a grant can be approved. Exceptions can be made under very unusual circumstances, with the approval of the Chair of Trustee and the Executive Director.
· Grants and scholarships may not be directed towards a specific individual, except under very unusual circumstances, as approved by a unanimous vote of the Executive Committee.
· Named scholarships, buildings and dormitories may be established provided that the minimum amounts of such donations must merit at least $1,000, or the equivalent of one scholarship, or as determined by the Committee.
– Probini is providing teachers’ salary
AndharManik Girls’ High School: Probini has built a girls’ dormitory.
Opening Celebration in 2008 with Donor’s Tablet
—Probini provides teachers’ salary at Purokonda Ashram school for the poor and scholarship to students.
Poor Student Scholarship at Ramakrishna Mission, .
 Orphanage, Inc., – Probini gives scholarships to girls.
– Probini is providing scores of scholarships to girls for school education.
– Probini provides salaries for teachers.
—providing teachers at school.
(dorm, and created a memorial for 135 Hindus murdered by Pakistan Army and Bengali Islamists in 1971 independence struggle.) : Probini has rebuilt the cyclone-destroyed school and
Probini Building Under Construction After Cyclone Destruction
Martyr’s Memorial Tablet
– Probini is providing scholarships for school children.
Mrs. Patowary with Children Educated by Probini
Classroom Building (Prior to Probini’s Help)
Probini-built Dorm Room
Classroom Building (Prior to Probini’s Help)
– supporting boys’ & girls’ education.
– Probini is providing salaries for teachers and has built a boys’ dormitory.
– Probini is providing teachers’ salary and built a school
Building Opening Ceremony; 2001
Handing Over Probini Documents
Probini’s Effort Saved the 300-Year Old Temple
Probini is providing teachers at Kasturba Gandhi Memorial School.
Probini has provided books for the poor tribal school and library. Probini’s building project has been temporarily halted for local reason.
 – Probini is providing student scholarships, has created agricultural projects for self-sufficiency in food and has built a girls’ dormitory.
, : Probini provided small grants for education of children living in illegal slums.
, Probini is providing salaries for teachers and has built a school building.
Edifices Built by Local Villagers in Honor of Probini Helpers (not Funded by Probini):
Marble Plaque Built by Residents in S G Dastidar’s Honor in Uzirpur Village
Dr. Shefali Sengupta Dastidar Matri Chhaya Neer [Home for the (Needy) Mothers], Bangladesh
Mahatma(Great Soul) Dr. Sabyasachi Ghosh Dastidar Sanskrit College Building,Martyr Surjyo Sen Orphanage in Malikanda, Bangladesh
· Built school and residence for teachers and school at Mahilara ashram, Barisal, Bangladesh
· Built school at SriRamKathi, Pirojpur, Bangladesh
· Built Madaripur ashram boys’ dormitory, Bangladesh
· Built a girls’ dorm at Andharmanik Girls’ High School, Bagerhat, Bangladesh
· Built a student dormitory at Twichang, Mizoram State, India
· Built a dorm at Martyrs’ Memorial Girls’ High School, Doihari, Bangladesh
· Built a boy’s dorm and technical school at Malikanda asram, Uzirpur, Baangladesh
· Built a dorm at Tuthamandra Sarajubala Girls’ High School, Gopalganj, Bangladesh
· Built a girls’ dorm at Netrokona orphanage, Bangladesh
· Constructing a proposed student dormitory in Medinipur, West Benngal, India
· Paying scores of teachers’ salary
· Providing teachers for hundreds of students
· Complete food-tuition-clothing scholarships for over dozens and dozens of orphans and poor students
· Supplied hundreds of clothing and books
· Close to 10 million taka/rupee in fixed deposit in Bangladesh and India for teacher salary and resident student scholarship
· Built capital assets of over Tk/Rs 20 to 30 million
· S. Tax-exempt status
· Saving of 300-yr Old Mahilara Mott in Bangladesh, now included in a UNESCO book; visited by top foreign diplomats in Bangladesh
· Saving of Gandhi Ashram of Bangladesh from illegal extremist confiscation; afterwards made a National Museum by Bangladesh Government
· Saving of memorials of martyred Gandhian pacifists killed by extremists
· Reemergence with a 50-year since 1947 India/Bengal partition of a 500-year old annual New Year Baisakh festival in Barisal District, Bangladesh
· Saving a 500-year old Sri Bishnu/Vishnu Mandir in Bangladesh
· Hiring of the first oppressed-caste Bauri graduate in Durgapur, India
· Shelter for Hindu girls abused by Islamist extremists during 2001 pogrom
· Learning from extremely poor and oppressed individuals organizing themselves
· Giving hope to people like widowed Mrs. Patowary by providing free education for her childrenwho ended up in college
· S. Consul General in Calcutta visited India orphanage at our request
· Hundreds of boys and girls who could have perished are now productive members of society
· Gandhi Ashram in Bangladesh is now a National Museum
· Encourage pluralism, tolerance, and secularism